Saturday, June 16, 2007

don't have much to add



except to say that (and I'm sure if he could stop stuffing his face for a quick sec, my friend here would agree with me) the cake tasted much better on the second day. I don't know how other cake eaters feel, but I'm a bigger fan of heavy and dense , rather than the light and fluffy. Bundt cakes, pound cakes, etc. I think that I'd really like fruit cakes too if they didn't have all that crap in them. After a day of chilling - in the literal sense. In the fridge - our cake achieved that heavy spongy consistency. Not like lady fingers, but like bunny bread after you mush it a little, but not completely. The flavor of the cake was also a little more apparent after chilling. It tasted more chocolatey ... or really even coacoa-y (they seem to taste different). I guess also I'm gonna throw in a picture of the aforementioned lovely Jen Leslie and the lovely Saint, mainly because this picture sums up much of how I feel about baking, which is to say, maybe 90% satisfaction/bliss, 10% anxiety. And that 10% represents different things throughout the baking process: salmonella, food poisoning, failure, indigestion ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

saint looks soooo cute!